Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frog Eye Salad


I cannot go to a Riley function without this... I would be banned from the family lol! This is a fav of all. There are a lot of recipes out there for this but I have found this one to be the best!
Just FYI...this takes 2 days to make

1 (16 oz) pkg. acini de pepe
1 cup sugar
2Tbs flour
1 3/4 cup pineapple juice
2 eggs, beaten
1 TBS lemon juice
1 can mandarin oranges...drain and save juice
1 can tidbits pineapple...drain,save juice
1 can crushed pineapple...drain,save juice
1 lg carton cool whip
1/2 package mini marshmallows...colored kind

Cook acini de pepe as directed on the box. Drain and let cool. Combine sugar, flour,1/2 tsp salt , pineapple juice( I also add the juice from the mandarin oranges...but only if you want too) and eggs in a heavy sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until it thickens usually 1 to 3 mins.
Then add lemon juice. Let set overnight. In the morning add the rest of the ingredients.
Note... I usually just add as much pineapple juice as the cans provide.

1 comment:

  1. This is so my favorite!! Scott's mom makes the best! I'll have to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete