Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Berry Puff Pancake



Yes I know the picture is sideways...not caring =) I tried 5 times to get it to post upright, in my pictures its upright but when I post it, its not. So I am about ready to throw the computer out the window. Instead I will just share this amazing Berry Puff Pancake recipe. I learned how to make this one at the Taste of Home Cooking Show.


1 Tbsp butter

3 eggs

3/4 cup milk

3/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp salt


Berry Topping

1 cup fresh raspberries

1 cup fresh blueberries

1 cup fresh sliced strawberries

1/3 cup orange marmalade

2 tbsp confectioners' sugar

1. Place the butter in a 9 inch pie plate; Place in a 400 degree oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. In another bowl combine the flour and salt; whisk in egg mixture until smooth.

2. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 mins or until sides are crisp and golder brown.

3. In a large bowl, gently combine the berries and the marmalade. Sprinkle pancake with confectioners' sugar; fill with berry mixture. Serve immediately.


* I cheated a little bit =) I used a bag of frozen mixed berries that I got from Walmart. The produce didn't look all that great and was super expensive so this was a good alternate.Be aware that this pancake will grow as it cooks and will actually look like it wants to jump out of the pan but this is all normal =) Also I had to double this recipe for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment